Latest News88 Results:
From 20 to 25 February 2023, Nexter presents its solutions at the IDEX 2023 exhibition in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. As a strategic partner of the United Arab Emirates for 30 years, Nexter is developing its strong integration in the country, particularly regarding the modernisation of the Leclerc tanks of the UAE armed forces. For the first time, JAGUAR and TITUS vehicles will be exhibited on the stand of Resource Industries, a key player in the UAE defence industry. Nexter and Resource Industries are exploring the possibility of industrial cooperation around these vehicles.
The French and Lithuanian Defense ministers signed a technical arrangement for cooperation in the artillery field, including an order for 18 CAESAR 6X6 MkII for the Lithuanian Armed Forces.
The Czech Republic ordered 10 CAESAR 8X8 to complete the 52 systems ordered in 2021.
These contracts bring to 55 the number of CAESAR in all versions ordered in 2022 by 4 Nexter customers.
The CAESAR 6X6 MkII is a new version of the truck equipped with a 155mm artillery system. The development of this version was ordered in 2021 by the French Defense Procurement Agency (DGA) for the needs of the French Army. It combines a new chassis designed by Arquus, a better protected cabin and the artillery system of the version already in service.
• On 29 December 2022, the French defense procurement agency (DGA) awarded Nexter an order for 50 renovated Leclerc tanks (XLR);
• Industrial qualification tests are continuing in close collaboration with the DGA and the French army;
• A first prototype tank was delivered to the DGA at the end of 2022, and the first 18 operational tanks will be delivered to the Army in 2023, according to the planning of the renovation contract awarded to Nexter on 1 June 2021.
• The temporary consortium formed by Nexter and Thales is exhibiting the RAPIDFire system turret in its final form on the Nexter stand at Euronaval.
• This remotely operated naval and land artillery system provides platforms with a close-in self-defence capability against air and surface threats.
• One of the first systems produced will be installed on French Navy fleet replenishment tanker Jacques Chevallier in early 2023 ahead of the at-sea qualification phase.
Nexter, a reference naval turret and ammunition manufacturer, will be present on stand H10
• Nexter and Thales unveil the final design of the RAPIDFire turret;
• Nexter presents its new NARWHAL turret equipped with MBDA's AKERON pod;
• Nexter Arrowtech, European leader in naval ammunition, exhibits its wide range of innovative products.
On July 13th, Nexter was notified by the French Ministry of the Armed Forces through the Direction Générale de l'Armement (DGA) of the order for new CAESAR® artillery systems. The systems will be delivered to the French Army by summer 2024 at the latest.