In addition to a hundred years of uninterrupted operation, Simmel Difesa has acquired an in-depth knowledge of the ammunition market, bringing together the experience of major European players in order to create a modern and flexible company. Today, Simmel Difesa supplies medium and large-caliber ammunition to more than 40 countries around the world.
Over time, the company has developed its know-how in the design and manufacture of all ammunition components, from powder and explosives to fuzes and metal parts. Thanks to its experience, Simmel Difesa is able to optimize the integration of various elements in order to design first class products.
Simmel Difesa has earned a reputation as a leader in the naval ammunition market and is now, after decades of successful cooperation, the preferred supplier for Oto-Melara guns and equivalent. Its ability to design and produce in-house advanced proximity and programmable fuzes makes Simmel Difesa a global leader in the air defence ammunition market.
Equipped with a powerful and flexible production infrastructure, and taking advantage of the involvement of its highly qualified workforce as well as a reliable supply chain, Simmel Difesa can respond to customer requests with reliable and effective products.
The range includes:
- Naval Ammunition (40mm, 76mm and 127mm)
- Mortar Ammunition (81mm and 120mm)
- Field Artillery Ammunition and Propelling systems (105mm and 155mm, including Bi-Modular Propelling Charges according to NATO standards)
- Tank Ammunition (105mm and 120mm)
- Infantry grenade (40x46mm)
- Mechanical and Electronic Multimode/Proximity Fuzes from 25mm to 155mm
- Missiles warheads and SADs
- All types of propellants
Simmel Difesa can provide all ammunitions loaded with standard explosive or using special IM explosives and solutions in order to be compliant with Insensitive Munitions NATO standards requirements.
Services to Customers include:
- on-site mid-life inspection and refurbishment
- end-of-life disposal (demil) in our modern and specialized plant in Anagni
- technologies transfer